Injectables provide a safe and effective opportunity to feel more comfortable and confident in your skin. Whether you’re interested in getting lip fillers to achieve a perfectly plump pout. Or, you want Botox to improve your fine lines and wrinkles. There’s no denying injectables are a practical way to enhance your beauty to feel the most confident version of yourself.
That being said, before your first filler or Botox appointment, it’s essential you are aware of the potential adverse effects that can occur from injectables, most notably, bruising. Bruising is one of the most common side effects to occur after injectable fillers. However, just because bruising is common and a natural part of your body’s natural healing process doesn’t mean you can’t actively engage in methods to prevent bruising.
In this article, you’ll discover the causes of why bruising is common after getting injectables. And, you’ll learn ways to prevent and treat bruising to lower your risk of bruising (and its severity) post-treatment.
What Causes Bruising After An Injectable Treatment?
Bruising is a natural part of the body’s healing process in recovering from any form of “trauma” to the body. For instance, if you trip and fall on your knee, you’ll likely get a bruise. This is the same idea as injectables. Although the filler is safely injected into a small localized area of the skin, your body is still experiencing a form of trauma from the injection.
Specifically, bruising occurs when small blood vessels near your skin’s surface break from physical trauma (i.e. bump, fall, injectables). As the blood leaks from the vessels, it leaves behind a dark mark under the skin that signals you have a bruise.
How To Prevent Bruising Before Injectables
Although bruising is a common reaction to injectables, that doesn’t mean you’re guaranteed to get a bruise around the injection site. Depending on your own sensitivity to bruising will impact whether you bruise or not.
There are various methods you can do before your injectable appointment to prevent bruising.
- Keep Hydrated: Ensure you are drinking plenty of water leading up to your appointment.
- Eat Fruits & Vegetables: Avoid eating foods high in sodium. Instead, opt for healthy fruits and vegetables. Specifically, eating pineapple has been found to help prevent bruising.
- Acnica Montana Pills: Taking Acnica pills 2 days prior to getting injectables has been shown to prevent and minimize your potential for bruising post treatment.
- Avoid Certain Supplements: Limit substances that are known for their anticoagulant effects. This includes supplements like: John’s Wort, Ginger, Ginkgo Bioba, Ginseng, Vitamin E, Green Tea, Flaxseed Oils, and Fish Oils.
- Select An Experienced Injector: Ensure you schedule an appointment with only the very best injectors. A skilled injector will use specific techniques and tools to reduce your risk of bruising.
BB Aesthetic expert specialists will ensure your injectable appointment provides the results you need while using best practices to minimize your risk of bruising. Schedule your appointment with us to feel more radiantly confident today.
How To Prevent Bruising After Injectables
Even after your appointment, there are several ways in which you can prevent bruising. Follow these simple tips to prevent brusing after your next injectable appointment.
- Apply Ice: Wrap a small bag of ice in a paper towel and gently apply to the injected area.
- Drink Water: Just like before your appointment, you’ll want to continue drinking plenty of water post treatment.
- Avoid Alcohol: Steer clear from any alcohol at least 2 days after your appointment.
- Avoid Vigorous Exercise: Limit your physical exercise to a minimum for at least 2 days after your appointment.
- Try To Stay Indoors: If you can, try to reduce your time outdoors and stay inside away from the Sun. Extreme heat has been found to increase your chances of bruising.
- No Makeup: Avoid applying makeup to the injection area after your appointment.
- Acnica Montana Pills Or Topical Treatment: Similar to before treatment, taking Acnica pills or applying a Acrnica cream to the injected area can help prevent bruising.
How To Treat Bruising After Injectables
Some individuals are more sensitive to bruising than others. Therefore, even if you follow the above methods to prevent bruising, bruising may still occur.
However, to speed th healing process and limit the severity of the bruising, follow these simple methods to help treat your bruising post appointment.
- Aloe Vera: Apply aloe vera to the bruise to reduce its appearance.
- Vitamin K: Leafy greens (and pineapple as mentioned earlier) are both high in Vitamin K which helps heal bruises.
- Tea Bags: Lay a cooled tea bag on top of your bruises and let it sit on your bruise to speed up the healing process of the bruise.
- Apply Ice: Gently apply ice (wrapped around a paper towel) to the bruise.
- Witch Hazel: Soak a cloth in witch hazel and apply to the bruised area.
How Long Will Bruising Last?
Everyone’s body reacts differently to injectables. Some patients may find they don’t bruise at all after getting filler while others always bruise post appointment– no matter what you do!
If you tend to bruise easily, expect to experience bruising anywhere from a few days up to a few weeks post treatment. Patience and staying encouraged in seeing daily improvements is essential. And, by following the above methods to treat your bruise will help speed up the healing process so you can enjoy your gorgeous injectable results.
Schedule Your Injectable Appointment Today At BB Aesthetic
Brusing is a common side effect that can occur after an injectable appointment. However, by following the above tips, this will help minimize your risk of bruising and efficiently heal the injected area so you can enjoy your beautiful results.
Schedule your injectable appointment today at BB Aesthetic. Want to know more ways reduce your risk of bruising?Our team is always happy to share more insider tips and tricks on how to prevent bruising so you can enjoy your effortlessly beautiful results faster.