One of our most asked questions is “Does the Lip Flip replace fillers?” Our answer everything is a strong NO. The Lip Flip service uses Botox, Jeuveau or Dysport to define the upper lip and improve gummy smile.
The Botox lip flip involves injecting 4-6 units above the upper lip at the center (near the cupid’s bow) and near the corners of the mouth. The primary effect of the lip flip is to relax the muscles (orbicularis oris) that connect to the upper lip, allowing the lip to relax and curl outward, thereby appearing larger and more defined in shape.
The lip flip will not add volume, as lip filler does, but the lip flip can be used to accentuate the results of your lip filler, either in a combined procedure or as a touch-up.
HOW YOU MAY BENEFIT FROM THE BOTOX LIP FLIP
- The Lip Flip subtly defines your upper lip
- Stops vertical lip lines that form above the upper lip
- The lip flip allows more of your lip to show when you smile
- Requires zero downtime
- The lip flip is temporary, lasting about 3-4 months
HOW YOU MAY *NOT* BENEFIT FROM THE BOTOX LIP FLIP
- The results may be too subtle
- You may have trouble spitting, whistling, and pronouncing certain words
- After your injection, it takes about a week for you to see results
- The lip flip effect wears off in about 3-4 months