Upneeq is the only FDA-approved prescription eyedrop for acquired ptosis (low-lying lids) that lifts your upper eyelids to open your eyes.
Acquired ptosis (low-lying lids) is a common medical condition that:
- Can develop later in life
- Affects adults of all ages, but occurs more often with increased age
- Usually occurs when the muscles in the eyelid stretch and weaken, causing the upper eyelid to droop
- May be caused by other issues, such as cataract surgery, contact lens wear, or an underlying medical condition. It could also be a sign of a more serious medical condition.
Millions of people who have acquired ptosis may not even be aware of it
- Millions of people over the age of 40 may have acquired ptosis
- But only 15% have been diagnosed, and even fewer have received any treatment*